A Comfortable Environment
- The Cat Hotel is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and well ventilated.
- 24 hour, password enabled kitty cams in each suite
- Suites are floor to ceiling with many places for your cat to climb, explore, hide and play.
- There is a geriatric suite designed for elderly or special needs cats.
- Clean fresh water is always available.
- Energetic cats like their environment to be changed often. Sedentary cats want more passive amusements. Nervous cats like stability and places to nestle. I will cater the toys and furniture to best suit your cat’s temperament.
- I pamper our guests with four-star comforts – a cuddling room for an out-of-suite experience, healthy evening treats, soothing music throughout the day, plenty of daylight, non-flourescent lighting and at bedtime- darkness and quiet.
- All the cat beds are sanitized before use, but for your cat’s comfort we encourage you to bring a favourite bed or blanky from home.
A Safe Environment
- The Cat Hotel is located in the quiet community of Honeymoon Bay.
- Access to the Hotel is through a fenced private yard at my own home. There are two levels of doors – the main hotel door (which locks) and the separate door to each suite. The outdoor balconies are fully enclosed and look out on the private yard (where there are lots of bird-watching opportunities).
- At night, and when I’m away, the hotel is secured and my cat-loving dog patrols the yard. There are motion-detector spotlights outside the hotel.
- Each kitty-cam is individually password-protected and the passwords are changed for each user.
- The smoke detectors in the hotel are hooked into the main house, and there are several fire extinguishers. The only heat source is a professionally installed pellet stove.
- All guests are vaccinated and flea-free. I maintain the right to refuse admittance to cats who do not appear to be healthy.
- If your cat shows any signs of illness, I will do my best to contact you, your cat will be temporarily isolated, and the vet will be contacted if necessary.
A Clean Environment
- I follow a quality control checklist for all cleaning and handling procedures.
- Suites are built with non-scratch surfaces that are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests.
- I use environmentally safe, cat safe cleaning products.
- All furniture items are thoroughly cleaned before being used.
- Litter boxes are cleaned daily.